Wednesday, April 15, 2015

First Regiment of Foot completed!

Well, a couple days ago I managed to finish off my first regiment of British foot! Pretty amazing actually considering my time constraints. Here are a few pics to showcase these lil guys. Still have to decide what regiment they represent (66th foot?) and do some extra insignia on the models to indicate such. No rush really. Sitting on the painting desk at the moment is my first and second units of Ansars! So I have to get a move on with them as well (not to mention some new terrain).



Troops deployed in line at the entrance to some lost village.


I wanted these guys to look like real campaigners. That means a dark and dusty appearance! I actually love this style of painting as it is much more realistic than the "clean" look of troops off the boat.

Notice the "dark" and dirty look.

24 figs mounted on four stands. Each stand is 30mm square.

I really like the officer in the lead. He has a nice "over there!" look about him.

15mm Blue Moon miniatures are really nice and fun to paint.

Deployed on a small rise before the village. Love the Cigar Box mat!

Now all they need is some reinforcements!




3 comments:

  1. Great looking minis and fantastic pictures, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are quite lovely Kurtus - very well done. Great looking sculpts as well.

    ReplyDelete