Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Some Project Changes

Been a while since my last update- damn! I have been so involved with other projects and school that I let this one slip a little. However, I have been thinking about my efforts so far as of late. One thing I have decided on doing is going over to the dark side of skirmish wargaming with this period. A big deal for me, since I don't play too many skirmish type games. What I mean by "skirmish" here is basically any game involving individually based models organized in small units - or acting as individuals. Here is what I have decided so far:

  • remount existing (some/all) collection on single figure bases,
  • deciding on some rules to use
For rules I am opting to try several really. The main one that stands out for me is the old stand-by, Smooth & Rifled. In addition, I will also be playing with the soon to be released rules, The Men Who Would Be Kings, by Dan Mersey - which I did some play-testing with. I played S&R quite a bit three years ago with the ACW, and I liked them. I am pretty sure these will fit the bill at the moment. There will be others I am sure.

http://merseybooks.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Men%20Who%20Would%20Be%20Kings


You may be wondering at this point why I am switching over from Black Powder and "unit" based rules. Well, the main reason is time and money. I am not so sure I am willing at this point to build up armies - in 15mm anyway - for larger battle rules such as BP. Skirmishing is actually perfect for my interest level at this point. In addition, since getting in to 10mm Napoleonics, I am strongly considering collecting 10mm models for my Colonial period bigger battles. Those little 10mm models have definitely captured my imagination and opened a whole lot of doors for me in this hobby - like Napoleonics. But I digress.




At this point in time, expect to see a complete conversion of my current 15mm collection over to individual based models. This will allow me to take advantage of my collection, and deal with time constraints as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment